|Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals|
|Episode name pun on: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends|
|Airdate:||September 16, 2005|
"Camp Keep a Good Mac Down"
"Duchess of Wails"
"Imposter's Home for Um... Make 'Em Up Pals" is the fourth episode in Season 3 of Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It was aired on September 16, 2005.
SPOILER: Plot details follow.
A strange character known as Goofball John McGee comes to Foster's and makes a total nuisance of himself. Frankie thinks Goofball is actually a teenager passing himself off as an imaginary friend, as he always needs help with homework and someone to wash his football jerseys, and eats all the food that Frankie buys from the store, but everyone else believes otherwise. So now, Frankie is out to prove him as a fraud.
Spoilers end here.
- Running Gags:
- Frankie proving Bloo wrong with flashbacks, and getting 25 cents (a quarter) every time into a jar reading "FRANKIE'S RIGHT AND BLOO'S WRONG."
- Goofball calling Frankie "Franny."
- Frankie trying hard to disprove Goofball as being an imaginary friend, but only gets into more trouble.
- Goofball making Frankie finish the same chores again.
- Bloo calling Goof-Goof McGoof (Frankie disguised as an imaginary friend) "Melanie."
- Madame Foster doesn't appear in this episode.
- Mr. Herriman was humming the show's theme song before he got stuck in the goo in the beginning of the episode.
- Coco appears in this episode, but has no dialogue.
- One of Goofball's friends highly resembles Nazz from Ed, Edd n' Eddy, except Nazz is a girl while Goofball's friend is a teenage boy.
- Even if Goofball was causing problems to Frankie during the episode, Mr. Herriman could be considered the true main antagonist, because Herriman, for unknown reasons, never scolded Goofball for his naughty actions, even when it was obvious that Goofball was the culprit. Instead, Herriman simply overlooked this and treated Frankie unfairly.
- Comcast refers to this episode as "Imposter's Home for Imaginary Friends."
- Frankie's cleaning sequence, with tiny mice added, was an homage to Cinderella.
- Mr. Herriman states that Goofball's false nose made him "wacky" as a metaphor for his true identity.
- This episode reveals that Frankie's favorite music group is called "The Fake-Out's."
- Mac and Bloo have no interaction with each other for the first time in the series.